How on earth do you install this thing?

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Have been looking forward to WikiX for some time now and finally downloaded it today. Have been trying to install it for a couple of hours now but with no success.

So here's what I have done (I tried to follow the installation instructions)

Started out by downloading the 1.0 (yay!) release.

Copied the following files to the deployment server

• EPiServer.Research.Wiki-folder
  • the lang-file in lang-folder

Made the web.config changes.

Then I tried to access the admin-mode but with no success. Could not find EPiServer.Research namespace.

Then I copied the EpiServer.Research.wiki.dll and wikisyntax.dll to the bin-folder on deployment server. Still no luck, something about wiki Feed plugin not working.

Opened the project in VS2008 and could not compile, re-referred wikisyntax.dll and was able to compile.

Copied the new EPiServer.Research.wiki.dll to the bin folder on deployment server.

Ok , finally I could enter the admin mode. Tried to import the 'WikiX.episerverdata' but more problems was on its way.

First one was solved easy:
"Importen har blivit avbruten
Följande fel inträffade:
Exception: Pagetype "[Wiki] Root" is not allowed to be created below parent with page type "Webbplatsstart"[]"

Fixed that and tried once again. The installation still stopped. This time something about a missing 'Advanced' folder. I created a folder name Advanced and could move on.

Tried it again and once again the installation malfunctioned. This time:
Följande fel inträffade:
Exception: netPageCreateLanguage: LanguageBranchID is null, possibly empty table tblLanguageBranch[]"

Hmm, since we only got Swedish in our site I tried to manually add english and by doing this I could move on.

Installation stopped again and this message:
Följande fel inträffade:
[Importing page 43922_159661] Exception: Parameter has no page set Parameter name: pageLink[]"

What's up with this? The language somehow seems to complicate things. If I deactivate Swedish I am able to see the wiki-root page (the only page that got restored) but Activating Swedish shows me a page with not that much content.

Now I'm tired and thinking of using another wiki instead :(

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2009 at 7:03 AM

I am looking into it and will make an update on the project today.

Regards

Jacob

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I am working on an installation module now so it would be easier but the content you are trying to install is english content. Only install the pagetypes and not other content and then create a new page of pagetype [wiki] root

Jul 14, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Sill doesn't work. This is what I get when I try to save the new wiki root-page:

[ArgumentNullException: Parameter has no page set
Parameternamn: pageLink]
   EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector) +242
   EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink) +25
   EPiServer.Research.Wiki.WikiManager.ConstructAppRelativePath(PageReference PageLink) in C:\EPiServer\Sites\CodePlexWiki\EPiServer.Research.Wiki\Core\WikiManager.cs:867
   EPiServer.Research.Wiki.WikiManager.ConstructAppRelativePath(PageReference PageLink) in C:\EPiServer\Sites\CodePlexWiki\EPiServer.Research.Wiki\Core\WikiManager.cs:868
   EPiServer.Research.Wiki.WikiManager.ConstructAppRelativePath(PageReference PageLink) in C:\EPiServer\Sites\CodePlexWiki\EPiServer.Research.Wiki\Core\WikiManager.cs:868
   EPiServer.Research.Wiki.WikiManager.AddWikiRoutes(PageData pd) in C:\EPiServer\Sites\CodePlexWiki\EPiServer.Research.Wiki\Core\WikiManager.cs:314
   EPiServer.Research.Wiki.WikiManager.AddWikiRoot(PageData pd) in C:\EPiServer\Sites\CodePlexWiki\EPiServer.Research.Wiki\Core\WikiManager.cs:213
   EPiServer.Research.Wiki.WikiManager.Instance_PublishedPage(Object sender, PageEventArgs e) in C:\EPiServer\Sites\CodePlexWiki\EPiServer.Research.Wiki\Core\WikiManager.cs:249
   EPiServer.PageEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, PageEventArgs e) +0
   EPiServer.Core.PageStoreBase.RaisePageEvent(Object key, PageEventArgs eventArgs) +76
   EPiServer.DataFactory.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action, AccessLevel access) +730
   EPiServer.DataFactory.Save(PageData page, SaveAction action) +183
   EPiServer.Web.PageExtensions.SaveCurrentPage.SavePage() +94
   EPiServer.PageBase.SavePage() +158
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPanel.SavePage() +153
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPageButtonControl.Save(SaveAction saveAction, Boolean goToViewPage) +50
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPageButtonControl.Publish_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +20
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.ToolButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +107
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.ToolButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +135
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565